Florida police say the man who shot himself at singer Olivia Newton-John's
Jupiter, Fla., home was Christopher Pariseleti, a 42-year-old landscaper.
"This case investigation has been classified as a suicide and there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death of Mr. Pariseleti," police said in a statement Tuesday after an autopsy was conducted on the man's remains.
Pariseleti had been working at the "Grease" star's residence when he died Monday, but UsMagazine.com said Newton-John and her husband John Easterling were not at home at the time of the incident.
The couple issued their own statement saying they are "in shock over the tragic event."
"He was a longtime and good contractor in the area," an insider told UsMagazine.com, adding he had dropped his 8-year-old son off somewhere shortly before shooting himself.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records