Florida police say the man who shot himself at singer Olivia Newton-John's
Jupiter, Fla., home was Christopher Pariseleti, a 42-year-old landscaper.
"This case investigation has been classified as a suicide and there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death of Mr. Pariseleti," police said in a statement Tuesday after an autopsy was conducted on the man's remains.
Pariseleti had been working at the "Grease" star's residence when he died Monday, but UsMagazine.com said Newton-John and her husband John Easterling were not at home at the time of the incident.
The couple issued their own statement saying they are "in shock over the tragic event."
"He was a longtime and good contractor in the area," an insider told UsMagazine.com, adding he had dropped his 8-year-old son off somewhere shortly before shooting himself.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Kanye, Kardashians and Other Kooks: A Wacky, Tacky, Entertaining Year
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.
- Chris Christie Set to Sign Tuition Aid Bill
- Little Risk of Deportation Under Obama
- Time No Longer Stands Still for Cuban Entrepreneurs