Florida police say the man who shot himself at singer Olivia Newton-John's
Jupiter, Fla., home was Christopher Pariseleti, a 42-year-old landscaper.
"This case investigation has been classified as a suicide and there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death of Mr. Pariseleti," police said in a statement Tuesday after an autopsy was conducted on the man's remains.
Pariseleti had been working at the "Grease" star's residence when he died Monday, but UsMagazine.com said Newton-John and her husband John Easterling were not at home at the time of the incident.
The couple issued their own statement saying they are "in shock over the tragic event."
"He was a longtime and good contractor in the area," an insider told UsMagazine.com, adding he had dropped his 8-year-old son off somewhere shortly before shooting himself.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property