Florida police say the man who shot himself at singer Olivia Newton-John's
Jupiter, Fla., home was Christopher Pariseleti, a 42-year-old landscaper.
"This case investigation has been classified as a suicide and there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death of Mr. Pariseleti," police said in a statement Tuesday after an autopsy was conducted on the man's remains.
Pariseleti had been working at the "Grease" star's residence when he died Monday, but UsMagazine.com said Newton-John and her husband John Easterling were not at home at the time of the incident.
The couple issued their own statement saying they are "in shock over the tragic event."
"He was a longtime and good contractor in the area," an insider told UsMagazine.com, adding he had dropped his 8-year-old son off somewhere shortly before shooting himself.
Most Popular Stories
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Homebuilders Show Rising Confidence in Market
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Microsoft Releases Free OneNote for Mac
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.