Social media continues to play a critical role in the workplace, so blocking social media sites completely is not an option. Additionally, an increasing number of social media portals are encrypting Internet traffic, making it difficult to regulate and monitor this activity.
"Social media has shifted IT focus from traditional network security to more advanced content security," said
With version 7.0, the Barracuda Web Filter can be used to regulate and monitor social media usage at a very granular level. Highlighted capabilities include:
• SSL inspection: Administrators can configure the Barracuda Web Filter to scan and inspect SSL-encrypted traffic for specific categories and domains, enabling granular policy enforcement. For example, a targeted category might include social media to archive all social media posts and protect against social media malware, or a targeted domain might include YouTube.com">YouTube.com to redirect requests to the
• Proactive alerts for suspicious activities: The Barracuda Web Filter includes pre-built English-language dictionaries of keywords and phrases pertaining to harassment, weapons, terrorism and pornography. Administrators can configure the device to automatically generate alerts when content containing these keywords or phrases is posted to social media portals or search engines. Administrators also can add their own keywords and phrases for monitoring. The alerts are tagged with real network user identities making it easy to identify the source, independent of online profiles.
• High performance reporting engine: The Barracuda Web Filter provides more than 60 built-in reports without requiring any additional hardware or software. Barracuda
Most Popular Stories
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- U.S. Unemployment Rate Dips to 7 Percent
- Consumer Spending Rises, Incomes Fall
- American Eagle Issues Weak Q4 Outlook