A team of information technology experts from the
This infrastructure, once put in place, will facilitate the access of online transactions.
The National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) is hosting the visitors and represents the government of
The development of this infrastructure is among NITA-U's key strategic goal of providing a coordinated, harmonized and regulated IT infrastructure and services in government whilst championing and promoting Information Security in
The IT agency (NITA-U) developed the National e-Government Master Plan in
"You will not be bothered by moving to government offices for most of the information for your daily use," he said, "You will just get this from your computer."
Such a development saves time and other resources like money that would be spent on moving to places for the various types of information.
Saaka said the study will be completed in December this year.
The results of the feasibility study will guide the Government in setting up a quality and reliable
Also, the Public Key Infrastructure will be defined to help support the management of secure electronic transactions.
The cooperation with the South Korean experts will involve the exchange of technical expertise, experience and information in relation to the development and implementation of a PKI and GIDC.
"NITA-U welcomes this collaboration with NIPA and will benchmark South Korean technical expertise, training, experiences and good practices in relation to the development and implementation of a PKI and GIDC," the agency said in a press kit.
Most Popular Stories
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief