Beau Biden, eldest son of Vice President Joe Biden, underwent a "successful
procedure" at a Houston cancer center, the vice president's office said
The brief statement said Biden, 44, the Delaware attorney general, will "be discharged tomorrow and heading home to Delaware."
Beau Biden began undergoing tests at the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center Tuesday, the Houston Chronicle reported. He had visited hospitals in Chicago and Philadelphia in the past week.
Vice President Biden joined his son in Houston, the vice president's office said.
A statement from Beau Biden's office Monday said the attorney general was admitted to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago last Wednesday after feeling weak and disoriented.
"The next morning, feeling better, he traveled to Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia to consult with his doctor about his earlier symptoms," the statement said.
Biden, who had what was described as a mild stroke in 2010, entered the Houston hospital "to investigate the cause of his symptoms," a Delaware Department of Justice statement said.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts