James Franco is coming back to TV, but this time it's not for the Academy Awards.
The Ovation channel said Wednesday that it's joining with the actor-writer-filmmaker on a new series, "James Franco Presents."
Ovation said the series will document Franco's explorations of the art world, including his gallery exhibits and other "passion projects." The prime-time series will include Franco's "heroes" in various areas of the arts, the channel said.
The film actor has dabbled in TV since his breakout role in the series "Freaks and Geeks" in 1999 and hosted the 2011 Oscars with Anne Hathaway.
"James Franco Presents" will debut this year on Ovation.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- California Chambers Head for the O.C.
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer