James Franco is coming back to TV, but this time it's not for the Academy Awards.
The Ovation channel said Wednesday that it's joining with the actor-writer-filmmaker on a new series, "James Franco Presents."
Ovation said the series will document Franco's explorations of the art world, including his gallery exhibits and other "passion projects." The prime-time series will include Franco's "heroes" in various areas of the arts, the channel said.
The film actor has dabbled in TV since his breakout role in the series "Freaks and Geeks" in 1999 and hosted the 2011 Oscars with Anne Hathaway.
"James Franco Presents" will debut this year on Ovation.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Why BofA Won't Pay $17 Billion After All
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Obama Weighs Move on Legal Immigration
- Eric Holder Arrives in Ferguson