James Franco is coming back to TV, but this time it's not for the Academy Awards.
The Ovation channel said Wednesday that it's joining with the actor-writer-filmmaker on a new series, "James Franco Presents."
Ovation said the series will document Franco's explorations of the art world, including his gallery exhibits and other "passion projects." The prime-time series will include Franco's "heroes" in various areas of the arts, the channel said.
The film actor has dabbled in TV since his breakout role in the series "Freaks and Geeks" in 1999 and hosted the 2011 Oscars with Anne Hathaway.
"James Franco Presents" will debut this year on Ovation.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March