James Franco is coming back to TV, but this time it's not for the Academy Awards.
The Ovation channel said Wednesday that it's joining with the actor-writer-filmmaker on a new series, "James Franco Presents."
Ovation said the series will document Franco's explorations of the art world, including his gallery exhibits and other "passion projects." The prime-time series will include Franco's "heroes" in various areas of the arts, the channel said.
The film actor has dabbled in TV since his breakout role in the series "Freaks and Geeks" in 1999 and hosted the 2011 Oscars with Anne Hathaway.
"James Franco Presents" will debut this year on Ovation.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Tech Workers Needed in South Florida
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher