Honda announced that it has unveiled the NSX Concept-GT, a racing machine to
enter into the GT500 class of the 2014 Super GT Series Round 5 "2013 Autobacs
Super GT" at Suzuka Circuit.
According to a release, the NSX Concept-GT is a dedicated racing vehicle based on the NSX Concept, the next-generation super sports car that made its world debut in January 2012 at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
This vehicle complies with the 2014 regulations on GT500 vehicles set by the Japan Automobile Federation. Along with a mid-mounted 2.0 L inline direct-injection 4-cylinder turbo engine, the vehicle is equipped with a racing hybrid system.
Prior to the debut of the NSX Concept-GT, American Honda Motor Co., Inc. showcased the running of a prototype NSX at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course on August 4, the final day of the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio.
((Comments on this story may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org))
Most Popular Stories
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Is North Korea's Kim Jong Ill?
- International Coffee Day Means Free Coffee at Dunkin' Donuts, Krispy Kreme, McDonalds
- Pending U.S. Home Sales Slid in August
- Jerry Brown Signs 'Yes Means Yes' Law
- Drunk Driver Rear Ends Jennifer Lopez, Leah Remini's Car
- George Clooney Says 'I Do' For a Second Time
- GoPro Launching Three New Cameras
- Macy's Boosts Holiday Hiring 3.6 Percent