Honda announced that it has unveiled the NSX Concept-GT, a racing machine to
enter into the GT500 class of the 2014 Super GT Series Round 5 "2013 Autobacs
Super GT" at Suzuka Circuit.
According to a release, the NSX Concept-GT is a dedicated racing vehicle based on the NSX Concept, the next-generation super sports car that made its world debut in January 2012 at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
This vehicle complies with the 2014 regulations on GT500 vehicles set by the Japan Automobile Federation. Along with a mid-mounted 2.0 L inline direct-injection 4-cylinder turbo engine, the vehicle is equipped with a racing hybrid system.
Prior to the debut of the NSX Concept-GT, American Honda Motor Co., Inc. showcased the running of a prototype NSX at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course on August 4, the final day of the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio.
((Comments on this story may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org))
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype