Honda announced that it has unveiled the NSX Concept-GT, a racing machine to
enter into the GT500 class of the 2014 Super GT Series Round 5 "2013 Autobacs
Super GT" at Suzuka Circuit.
According to a release, the NSX Concept-GT is a dedicated racing vehicle based on the NSX Concept, the next-generation super sports car that made its world debut in January 2012 at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
This vehicle complies with the 2014 regulations on GT500 vehicles set by the Japan Automobile Federation. Along with a mid-mounted 2.0 L inline direct-injection 4-cylinder turbo engine, the vehicle is equipped with a racing hybrid system.
Prior to the debut of the NSX Concept-GT, American Honda Motor Co., Inc. showcased the running of a prototype NSX at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course on August 4, the final day of the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio.
((Comments on this story may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org))
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Kanye, Kardashians and Other Kooks: A Wacky, Tacky, Entertaining Year
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.