Reopening at the end of September, newly refurbished after a Pounds 7m regeneration, Plymouth Theatre Royal has lined up a glittering new season of top shows, plays and music.
The National Theatre's celebrated production of War Horse runs from Friday, September 27, until Saturday, October 12 - and every ticket was snapped up months ago.
Matthew Bourne's contemporary production of Swan Lake is being performed from October 18-26, while Birmingham Royal Ballet offers the more traditional Sleeping Beauty and other dance shows from October 29-November 2.
Alan Bennett's acclaimed new comedy People comes to the theatre from November 12-16. And comedian Joe Pasquale tackles the lead role in the ultimate Sherlock Holmes spoof, Ha Ha Holmes! on November 17.
Our House, from November 18-23, is inspired by the music of Madness.
The raucous musical comedy is an uplifting tale of life and love, heartbreak and hilarity, good and bad set in London's Camden Town in the mid-80s. Hits from the mighty Madness back catalogue are included.
Legendary Rolling Stone's bassist Bill Wyman and his Rhythm Kings gig on November 30, while on December 1 Irish comedian Ardal O'Hanlon appears. Box office: 01752 267222.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition