THE first day at Hylands Park was dominated by powerful women on the main stage. Paloma Faith charmed the crowd with her stylish retro-pop and colourful costumes, Essex girl Jessie J performed an explosive set in a skimpy outfit and queen of pop Beyonce put on a grandstand show for a finale on Saturday night. Elsewhere, veteran band James showed why they're such a great festival band, Two Door Cinema Club got the crowd going at the main stage and Luther actor Idris Elba got the Arena audience jumping with his heavy dance beats.
SEE MORE PICTURES FROM THE V FESTIVAL Look at our gallery of pictures from the festival online ARE YOU A FACE IN THE CROWD? www.essexchronicle.co.uk/vfestival
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses