TV WILDLIFE star Michaela Strachan visited Newquay Zoo on Wednesday to dazzle families with her Really Wild Adventures show.
Showcased at the Bath and Cheltenham literary festivals earlier this year, the audience is taken on a journey through an alphabet jungle of animal rhymes.
Based on her first book of poems, it is a whistle-stop interactive show full of poetry, puppetry, music and lots of fascinating wildlife facts.
Audience members are invited on stage to explore a snake's particularly horrid habit, a lucky dad gets to play a polar bear and everyone gets to join in Animal Pop Idol.
Explaining the inspiration for the show, Michaela said: I'm a great fan of children's books that have been turned into stage shows, like The Gruffalo, but others annoy me because they're not at all factual. I wanted this to be a fun show but also one that might inform a little bit.
Michaela has rarely been off TV screens for the past 25 years. First there was kids' TV mainstay The Wide Awake Club, then The Hitman And Her, before she moved into wildlife presenting with The Really Wild Show, right up to Springwatch, Autumnwatch and Winterwatch. The subject of many a childhood - and adulthood - crush, pop band Scouting for Girls wrote a song about her in 2007 called 'Michaela Strachan (You Broke My Heart)'.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- Saucedo Mercer Running on Empty in Arizona
- Earnings Season Starts Rough for Health Insurers
- Spring Salmon Return to San Joaquin
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- IPO Market Shows Signs of Settling Down to Earth
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines