THE rumble of engines and smell of oil made way for the considerably more refined strains of classical music at Boconnoc. As the vintage vehicle rally came to a close the house and gardens hosted award-winning classical outfit the Cataleya Quintet, winners of the Boconnoc Music Award from the Royal College of Music.
The quintet - Diego Acena (flute), Alasdair Hill (oboe), Pablo Ortiz de Ubina (French horn), Sophie Robertshaw (bassoon) and Adrian Somogyi (clarinet) - enjoyed a week-long residency at the house during which they performed two hour-long recitals in the drawing room and a concert at Boconnoc Parish Church.
Owner Anthony Fortescue said: It was a privilege to have the Cataleya Quintet performing at Boconnoc and we hope to continue encouraging young musicians with the Boconnoc Music Award.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill