Singer and actor David Cassidy was charged with felony driving while intoxicated
in upstate New York early Wednesday, the Albany (N.Y.) Times Union said.
The former teen idol, now 63, is best known for his work on the classic 1970s sitcom "The Partridge Family."
Police said they stopped the entertainer's car because he was driving with his high beams on when he shouldn't have been, TMZ said.
The officers said they smelled alcohol on Cassidy's breath and administered field sobriety and breathalyzer tests, which he failed.
He was taken to a police station and charged with felony drunk driving because he had a prior DUI in Florida.
TMZ said Cassidy was released on $2,500 bail hours after his arrest.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Castro Named as a Caress Fabulista