Singer and actor David Cassidy was charged with felony driving while intoxicated
in upstate New York early Wednesday, the Albany (N.Y.) Times Union said.
The former teen idol, now 63, is best known for his work on the classic 1970s sitcom "The Partridge Family."
Police said they stopped the entertainer's car because he was driving with his high beams on when he shouldn't have been, TMZ said.
The officers said they smelled alcohol on Cassidy's breath and administered field sobriety and breathalyzer tests, which he failed.
He was taken to a police station and charged with felony drunk driving because he had a prior DUI in Florida.
TMZ said Cassidy was released on $2,500 bail hours after his arrest.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March