VM sprawl results from pervasive deployment and growth of virtual machines, some of which then sit unutilised long after their useful lives. CommVault Simpana VM Archiving is designed to reclaim idle virtual host and shared storage resources by automatically managing and moving unused VMs to cost-effective storage, with the ability to instantly recover archived VMs, for increased utilisation, efficiency and savings.
Available at no additional cost to customers using Simpana 10 software for virtual server protection, VM Archiving is integrated with
"Enterprises have many options to deploy resources in a virtualised data centre or cloud, but require a better way to protect this environment and create more value from the data it manages," said
VM Archiving is a comprehensive solution that is designed to incorporate traditional backup and virtual machine archiving in a single operation for
Using administrator-defined policies,
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged