Sony Pictures Classics says it will expand Woody Allen's "Blue Jasmine" from 229 to more than 1,200 screens in the United States this weekend.
This will surpass the screen count of "Midnight in Paris" as the widest release of any Allen film.
Starring Cate Blanchett, Sally Hawkins, Alec Baldwin and Louis C.K., "Blue Jasmine" has earned $9.9 million in box-office grosses since its July 26 limited release.
This is the 44th feature film Allen has written and directed and his sixth movie for Sony Pictures Classics.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Target Security Breach May Affect 40 Million Cardholders
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- Tyson Foods Charged With Civil Rights Violation
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- How to Protect Yourself After Target Data Breach
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Bernanke Lets Congress Have It in Final Press Conference
- Wall Street Falls a Day After Surge