Acquisition of Technology from Get The Point, LLC Bolsters Autodesk
Portfolio of BIM Construction Solutions to Drive Transformation of
Autodesk Point Layout automatically creates points from BIM and CAD models within Autodesk Revit, Autodesk AutoCAD and Autodesk Navisworks software. The point data drives robotic total station hardware, such as Topcon’s line of positioning systems and related hand-held devices or tablets, to give contractors and sub-contractors laser-guided pinpoint accuracy for the placement and verification of building elements.
By removing error-prone manual layout techniques, Autodesk Point Layout improves field accuracy and productivity, as building designs are more accurately and quickly brought to life at the construction site. The result is faster construction, which helps building projects get completed on-time and on-budget. With fewer people on site for less time, Autodesk Point Layout also helps improve construction site safety.
In combination with the cloud-based
“BIM continues to transform the building industry in new and important ways. Connecting the digital model to the physical site is a key step in achieving efficiency and accuracy on the job site and across all aspects of the project,” said
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts