The White House denied reports Tuesday that it
already is withholding aid from Egypt.
Spokesman Josh Earnest said a review of US aid to Eygypt recently ordered by President Barack Obama was still ongoing.
"That review has not concluded and published reports to the contrary that suggest aid to Egypt has been cut off are not accurate."
When asked whether aid had stopped during the review, Earnest declined to comment specifically except to say that US policy toward Egypt had not changed.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap