US IBM is in plans to acquire a software firm Trusteer, specializing in malware protection and enterprise endpoint defense. For IBM this will be its 14th acquisition in the security area.
There are plans to create a cybersecurity software lab enabling 200 researchers from Trusteer and IBM to work on mobile and application security, malware, financial crimes and counter-fraud. Software from Trusteer is capable of identifying security threats undetected by traditional security software.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines