President Barack Obama's family has a new pet
dog called Sunny, the White House said on Monday.
Sunny, a female Portuguese water dog born in June last year, is the same breed as current pet Bo, who has been living with the Obamas since April 2009.
The family said they picked the name Sunny because it fitted the black dog's cheerful personality.
"We suspect Sunny will follow in Bo's footsteps and keep the president company in the Oval Office, and go for walks with the First Family after their 6:30 family dinner," said a statement - accompanied by video of Sunny and Bo - on the White House website.
The breed was partly chosen because its short hair is less likely to cause any allergy problems for the Obamas' daughter, Malia.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses