A Tennessee lawmaker said he'll challenge incumbent Lamar Alexander in next
year's Republican primary for the U.S. Senate.
State Rep. Joe Carr called the 73-year-old Alexander "the most liberal" member of Tennessee's GOP delegation, The (Nashville) Tennessean reported Tuesday.
Carr is a fierce advocate of the Second Amendment and frequent sponsor of bills that have irritated immigration advocates. He was elected to his seat in the Tennessee House of Representatives in 2008.
Insiders have anticipated a Tea Party candidate would challenge Alexander.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction