A Tennessee lawmaker said he'll challenge incumbent Lamar Alexander in next
year's Republican primary for the U.S. Senate.
State Rep. Joe Carr called the 73-year-old Alexander "the most liberal" member of Tennessee's GOP delegation, The (Nashville) Tennessean reported Tuesday.
Carr is a fierce advocate of the Second Amendment and frequent sponsor of bills that have irritated immigration advocates. He was elected to his seat in the Tennessee House of Representatives in 2008.
Insiders have anticipated a Tea Party candidate would challenge Alexander.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power