A South Miami man who posted a gruesome picture of his wife's body on Facebook
told police he shot Jennifer Alfonso, 26, six to eight times, a warrant said.
The search warrant, filed in Miami-Dade Circuit Court, revealed new details about the confession of Derek Medina, 31, who is charged with first-degree homicide in the death of Alfonso earlier this month, The Miami Herald reported.
In his confession, Medina said he grabbed his Bersa Thunder .380-caliber pistol and aimed it at Alfonso when she threatened to leave him during an argument.
After taking a knife out of her hands, he fired the gun multiple times.
"Mr. Medina then shot the victim six of eight times because she began to punch him," the warrant said.
Medina told police the episode was captured on an interior surveillance video system at the couple's townhome.
Police seized the video along with a stun gun, two other pistols, ammunition, a holster, two cellphones, three computers and an iPad.
Medina's arraignment is set for Aug. 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Elizabeth Warren Ends 2016 Presidential Rumors