Aug. 20--Crossover time: Colleyville-bred Demi Lovato, who's a judge on Fox's X
Factor, is "nearing a deal" to join Fox's Glee for a "significant arc" in its
Citing unnamed sources, TVLine's Michael Ausiello reports that "Lovato (who turns 21 on Tuesday) will play Dani, a NYC-based struggling artist friend of Rachel [Lea Michele] and Santana's [Naya Rivera]. She will also interact frequently with Adam Lambert's incoming character, and the pair will have several musical numbers together." The Hollywood Reporter confirms the report.
The deal calls for her to appear in at least six episodes, beginning with the second part of Glee's Beatles tribute on Oct. 3, Ausiello reports. The series returns at 8 p.m. Central on Sept. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Deere Announces New Round of Layoffs