Aug. 20--Crossover time: Colleyville-bred Demi Lovato, who's a judge on Fox's X
Factor, is "nearing a deal" to join Fox's Glee for a "significant arc" in its
Citing unnamed sources, TVLine's Michael Ausiello reports that "Lovato (who turns 21 on Tuesday) will play Dani, a NYC-based struggling artist friend of Rachel [Lea Michele] and Santana's [Naya Rivera]. She will also interact frequently with Adam Lambert's incoming character, and the pair will have several musical numbers together." The Hollywood Reporter confirms the report.
The deal calls for her to appear in at least six episodes, beginning with the second part of Glee's Beatles tribute on Oct. 3, Ausiello reports. The series returns at 8 p.m. Central on Sept. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Oil Nears $98 a Barrel
- Senate Not So Keen on Budget Deal