RAC TO RELEASE ORIGINAL DEBUT EP DON'T TALK TO OCTOBER 1st ON PROGRESSIVE POP LABEL CHERRYTREE RECORDS SANTA MONICA, Calif., Aug. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Your favorite remixes of the last five years are by RAC, and today the composer, producer, arranger and recording artist born Andre Allen Anjos releases new single "Let Go" Ft. Bloc Party's Kele and rising electro-pop star MNDR. Check out the thumpy, insanely catchy track HERE.
RAC, the mastermind behind beloved re-imaginations of tracks by Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Lana Del Rey and Ellie Goulding -- is readying his first original release: the Don't Talk To EP, due October 1st on Cherrytree Records. Andre co-wrote and co-produced all four songs on the EP which features an impressive array of guests including, Penguin Prison ("Hollywood"), Tokyo Police Club ("Tourist"), and Katie Herzig ("We Belong").
Says Andre, "With remixes it was always about adapting to the original song. It takes a lot of self-control not to impose your own style. In many ways, this EP was about forgetting that and creating something that was my own. All of the years of experimentation have led me to this. I'm thrilled to have collaborated with people I really admire and the result is something I'm incredibly proud of."
Originally born and raised in Portugal to a Portuguese father and an American mother, RAC settled in Portland, Oregon where he began to forge his unique brand of indie-pop by creating over 200 inventive remixes for Kings of Leon, Bob Marley and U2 among many others. His remixes have reached #1 on the Hype Machine charts 22 times and his first solo recording, "Hollywood," featuring Penguin Prison hit #1 on all four Hype Machine charts at once, while his tracks have over 12 million Soundcloud spins.
RAC will celebrate the arrival of Don't Talk To this fall with the debut of his new live tour including visuals from Dr. Strangeloop, who has also produced graphics for Skrillex, Flying Lotus and many more. Fans who pre-order the EP HERE will also be able to purchase tickets for the upcoming November dates before they go on sale to the general public later this month.
http://smartur.it/DontTalkToEP http://soundcloud.com/rac https://www.facebook.com/remixartistcollective www.cherrytreerecords.com
SOURCE Cherrytree Records
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Natural Gas Discovery Could Lead to Cleaner Fuels