COMEDY CENTRAL announced today that Seth Rogen has been named Roast Master for the "COMEDY CENTRAL Roast of James Franco." The event (#FrancoRoast) will tape at Culver Studios on August 18 and premiere on Labor Day, Monday, September 2 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT.
Since first teaming up in 1999 on the cult-favorite television series "Freaks and Geeks," Franco and Rogen have collaborated on some of today's most outrageous and quotable movies including "This Is The End," "Pineapple Express" and the forthcoming "The Interview."
The "COMEDY CENTRAL Roast Of James Franco" will be executive produced by Joel Gallen from Tenth Planet Productions, who also served as Executive Producer and Director of the COMEDY CENTRAL Roasts Of Rosanne Barr, Charlie Sheen, and Donald Trump, as well as the Emmy(R)-nominated "COMEDY CENTRAL Roast Of William Shatner." Jonas Larsen is the Executive in Charge for the network.
Available on-air, online and on-the-go, COMEDY CENTRAL (www.cc.com) is the #1 brand in comedy and is owned by, and is a registered trademark of, Comedy Partners, a wholly-owned unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA and VIAB). For up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs visit COMEDY CENTRAL's press Web site at www.cc.com/press and follow us on Twitter @ComedyCentralPR for the latest in breaking news updates, behind-the-scenes information and photos.
SOURCE COMEDY CENTRAL Communications
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Stocks Moving Higher Again for 4th Day
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight