NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwired) -- 08/02/13 -- Digital First Media announced today the retirement of Ira Fusfeld from the Daily Freeman in Kingston, New York.
Mr. Fusfeld, who was named Publisher Emeritus of the Freeman in July 2012, has been part of the Daily Freeman's staff since 1970.
"Ira's love for journalism is only matched by his love of the Hudson Valley and the communities he has served for more than 40 years," said John Paton, Chief Executive Officer of Digital First Media. "We are grateful for his years of service and I know he will remain committed to the community and will always keep an editor's eye on his colleagues at the Freeman. And knowing Ira's other great love -- pastrami sandwiches from NYC's Katz's deli -- I will make it my job to ensure he gets a steady supply."
Mr. Fusfeld joined the Daily Freeman in 1970 as a sports writer. He was eventually promoted to Sports Editor, then Editor and General Manager before being named Publisher more than 25 years ago.
"These last 43 years have been challenging, exciting and fulfilling. I'm proud of what we've accomplished at the Freeman and I'm grateful to my many colleagues with whom and for whom I've worked for their support, talent, guidance and enthusiasm," said Mr. Fusfeld. "I feel good that I'm leaving the newspaper at a time of optimism as we continue to serve our community in print, while we position ourselves well for a successful digital future."
About Digital First Media
Digital First Media is headquartered in New York City and jointly manages MediaNews Group and 21st Century Media. Digital First Media reaches 66.6 million Americans each month through more than 800 multi-platform products across 18 states.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
For more information contact:
Vice President Media Relations & Employee Communications
Digital First Media
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go