A top leader of Mexico's Gulf Cartel has been captured in a military
operation near the US border with Texas, the second major capture since
President Enrique Pena Nieto took office last December.
Mexico's government said the army caught Mario Armando Ramirez Trevino, a drug boss in Reynosa who has been vying to take over the cartel since the arrest of the Gulf's top drug lord, Jorge Eduardo Costilla Sanchez, alias "El Coss", last September.
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause