A top leader of Mexico's Gulf Cartel has been captured in a military
operation near the US border with Texas, the second major capture since
President Enrique Pena Nieto took office last December.
Mexico's government said the army caught Mario Armando Ramirez Trevino, a drug boss in Reynosa who has been vying to take over the cartel since the arrest of the Gulf's top drug lord, Jorge Eduardo Costilla Sanchez, alias "El Coss", last September.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law