A top leader of Mexico's Gulf Cartel has been captured in a military
operation near the US border with Texas, the second major capture since
President Enrique Pena Nieto took office last December.
Mexico's government said the army caught Mario Armando Ramirez Trevino, a drug boss in Reynosa who has been vying to take over the cartel since the arrest of the Gulf's top drug lord, Jorge Eduardo Costilla Sanchez, alias "El Coss", last September.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists