A GYPSY jazz guitarist and composer who has performed at Buckingham Palace is getting in some practice ahead of a city music festival.
Remi Harris, one of the UK's leading gypsy jazz entertainers, launched a one-month countdown to the Music Takeover festival in Victoria Square.
The 25-year-old, who lives in Worcestershire, performed at The Queen's regal residence for the Palace Christmas Party last December after being spotted by a high-profile booking agent.
"It was quite an unusual story that led us to play there and was quite an experience," he said.
"But we're happy to play anywhere and everywhere. We're really looking forward to the festival."
He will be one of the headline acts at the festival which takes place on September 12 and 13 and is being organised by Colmore Business District.
Victoria Square will be one of many city centre locations staging performances indoor and outdoor.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset
- Jan Brewer Out on Term Limits