A GYPSY jazz guitarist and composer who has performed at Buckingham Palace is getting in some practice ahead of a city music festival.
Remi Harris, one of the UK's leading gypsy jazz entertainers, launched a one-month countdown to the Music Takeover festival in Victoria Square.
The 25-year-old, who lives in Worcestershire, performed at The Queen's regal residence for the Palace Christmas Party last December after being spotted by a high-profile booking agent.
"It was quite an unusual story that led us to play there and was quite an experience," he said.
"But we're happy to play anywhere and everywhere. We're really looking forward to the festival."
He will be one of the headline acts at the festival which takes place on September 12 and 13 and is being organised by Colmore Business District.
Victoria Square will be one of many city centre locations staging performances indoor and outdoor.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Bundy Ranch Standoff Has Spurred Radical Right
- Emmys: 'Orange' Marks Break From Sitcoms
- Portugal Bank Fears Spark Selloff
- Fed Vice Chair Fischer: Care Needed to Avoid Crisis
- Thousands of Children Dragged Into U.S. Political Bickering
- Border Crisis Could Lead to Faster Deportations
- Kerry in Afghanistan to Meet Candidates
- Union Pulls Support of UNCF Over Koch Gift
- Repubs to Sue Obama for Delaying Obamacare
- Dems Float Long-Shot Effort to Curb Campaign Cash