Side Street Studio Arts, 15 Ziegler Court in Elgin, continues its newest musical endeavor, "In the Studio," curated by Elgin Symphony Orchestra cellist Sara Sitzer.
A chamber music series featuring local musicians, as well as those from around the area working in a variety of classical musical modes, "In the Studio" will bring this genre into a less traditional setting allowing audience members close-up proximity to the musicians and their instruments.
Additionally, the casual atmosphere will allow performers to offer insight about the music and composers throughout the evening. Post-performance, audience members are invited to stay and mingle with the musicians.
The shows start at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased at Side Street Studio Arts, at , or at the door the night of the event.
The summer programming continues on Wednesday, Aug. 21, with the Moeller Duo. They will perform works by Albeniz, Byrd, DeFalla, Piazzolla, and Scarlatti. The Moeller Cello and Guitar Duo is made up of the husband-wife team of Paul and Kerena Moeller. Together, they won the Baltimore Chamber Music Awards Competition and have performed throughout the U.S., England, and Italy. Their most recent CD, "My Better Half," features music from baroque to blues, a range that will be reflected in their upcoming "In the Studio" performance.
For details, call (847) 429-2276 or visit sidestreetstudioarts.org.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists