Side Street Studio Arts, 15 Ziegler Court in Elgin, continues its newest musical endeavor, "In the Studio," curated by Elgin Symphony Orchestra cellist Sara Sitzer.
A chamber music series featuring local musicians, as well as those from around the area working in a variety of classical musical modes, "In the Studio" will bring this genre into a less traditional setting allowing audience members close-up proximity to the musicians and their instruments.
Additionally, the casual atmosphere will allow performers to offer insight about the music and composers throughout the evening. Post-performance, audience members are invited to stay and mingle with the musicians.
The shows start at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased at Side Street Studio Arts, at , or at the door the night of the event.
The summer programming continues on Wednesday, Aug. 21, with the Moeller Duo. They will perform works by Albeniz, Byrd, DeFalla, Piazzolla, and Scarlatti. The Moeller Cello and Guitar Duo is made up of the husband-wife team of Paul and Kerena Moeller. Together, they won the Baltimore Chamber Music Awards Competition and have performed throughout the U.S., England, and Italy. Their most recent CD, "My Better Half," features music from baroque to blues, a range that will be reflected in their upcoming "In the Studio" performance.
For details, call (847) 429-2276 or visit sidestreetstudioarts.org.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant