Prosecutors have declined to charge rapper Kanye West with a felony for a fight
with a photographer at Los Angeles International Airport.
The Los Angeles County District Attorney's office referred the case Friday to the city for a possible misdemeanor charge, the Los Angeles Times reported. Police had presented the July 19 fight to the district attorney as a felony assault and attempted robbery case.
Deputy District Attorney Amy-Hannah Broersma said the alleged victim's injuries did not justify a felony assault charge and a videotape showed no evidence of attempted robbery.
West has rapped about his hostility to the news media. He became part of an international media storm in June when he and his girlfriend, Kim Kardashian, became the parents of a daughter and named her North West.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline