Prosecutors have declined to charge rapper Kanye West with a felony for a fight
with a photographer at Los Angeles International Airport.
The Los Angeles County District Attorney's office referred the case Friday to the city for a possible misdemeanor charge, the Los Angeles Times reported. Police had presented the July 19 fight to the district attorney as a felony assault and attempted robbery case.
Deputy District Attorney Amy-Hannah Broersma said the alleged victim's injuries did not justify a felony assault charge and a videotape showed no evidence of attempted robbery.
West has rapped about his hostility to the news media. He became part of an international media storm in June when he and his girlfriend, Kim Kardashian, became the parents of a daughter and named her North West.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth