Prosecutors have declined to charge rapper Kanye West with a felony for a fight
with a photographer at Los Angeles International Airport.
The Los Angeles County District Attorney's office referred the case Friday to the city for a possible misdemeanor charge, the Los Angeles Times reported. Police had presented the July 19 fight to the district attorney as a felony assault and attempted robbery case.
Deputy District Attorney Amy-Hannah Broersma said the alleged victim's injuries did not justify a felony assault charge and a videotape showed no evidence of attempted robbery.
West has rapped about his hostility to the news media. He became part of an international media storm in June when he and his girlfriend, Kim Kardashian, became the parents of a daughter and named her North West.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits