Movies: The Tennessee Theatre's run of Summer Movie Magic is about to end for 2013. The last two films are "The Godfather Part II" and "Animal House." Please note that both films are rated "R," so they're not for everyone. "Godfather Part II" plays at 2 p.m. today at the 600 S. Gay St. theater. Tickets to any movie are $8 for adult, $6 for a senior citizen or child. Tickets are at the theater box office, at www.tennesseetheatre.com or 865-656-4444.
One Small World: See things from a different perspective at the ongoing "Nikon Small World" photographic display. The traveling exhibit is at the American Museum of Science & Energy through Sept. 15. The museum at 300 S. Tulane Ave. in Oak Ridge is open 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Saturday, 1-5 p.m. Sunday. The exhibit of 20 photomicrographs -- photos taken using a light micrograph -- focus on different, up-close views of such things as a live zebrafish embryo and other scientific topics. AMSE admission is $5 for adults, $4 for senior citizens age 65 and older, $3 for students age 6 to 17, free for children age 5 and younger.
Reserve your spot today: Dinner with the Bone Doctor, featuring author and forensic anthropologist Dr. Bill Bass, will be held 6:30- 9 p.m. Monday, Aug. 26. The surf and turf dinner is $69.96 for dinner only or $99.95 for dinner and a book. Call 865-602-2090 for reservations.
Greekfest dates set: The 34th annual Greekfest will be held 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Sept. 20-21, and noon-6 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 22, at St. George Greek Orthodox Church, 4070 Kingston Pike. Greek cuisine, including souvlaki, spanakopita, saganaki and an array of pastries will be available for purchase. Live entertainment, a gift area and tours of the church will be featured.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- Jack White Records Songs, Releases Vinyl in Hours
- 420 Pot Holiday Tries To Go Mainstream
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Malaysia, Flight 370 Relatives Talk Financial Help
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Next Iran Nuclear Talks Set for New York
- Easter morning delivery for space station