Does your organization have an upcoming event? Tell us -- and our web readers -- all about it at dailyherald.com/calendar.
Fox Valley United Way's 11th annual Cardboard Boat Races start at 10 a.m. at Mastodon Lake in Phillips Park, 1000 Ray Moses Drive, Aurora. Info: uwfoxvalley.org or (630) 896-4636.
* "Girl Rising," a movie about the lives of nine extraordinary girls from nine countries, begins at 3 p.m. Saturday and Aug. 25 at Copley Theatre, 8 E. Galena Blvd., Aurora. Info: gathr.us/screening/ 4796.
* The Pink Floyd Experience -- featuring music, staging and special effects -- begins at 8 p.m. at RiverEdge Park, 360 N. Broadway, Aurora. Cost: $20 general admission, $35 seated, $50 skydeck. Info: riveredgeaurora.com.
* The Stingrays perform during Lombard Cruise Night from 6 to 10 p.m. along St. Charles Road from Main Street to Elizabeth. Info: (630) 620-3083 or villageoflombard.org.
Three Men in Kilts perform traditional Irish ballads and pub songs plus Jimmy Buffet and the Beatles at 3 p.m. at the Cantigny Bandshell, 1S151 Winfield Road, Wheaton. Lawn seating; chairs and blankets welcome. Free with $5 parking. Info: Cantigny.org.
* Enjoy do-it-yourself ice cream sundaes and family friendly activities as part of Naper Settlement's Settlement Sundays from 1 to 4 p.m. at 523 S. Webster St., Naperville. Admission: $12 adults, $10 seniors 62 and older, $8 ages 4 to 12, free for Naperville residents and members. Info: (630) 420-6010 or napersettlement.com.
* Musicians from South Suburban Dulcimer and Folk Music perform at 2 p.m. at Graue Mill and Museum, 3800 York Road, Oak Brook. Info: (630) 920-9720.
* Bridgit Mendler and R5 perform at 6 p.m. at RiverEdge Park, 360 N. Broadway St., Aurora. Cost: $30 general admission, $45 reserved standing room pit, $95 skydeck. Info: RiverEdgeAurora.com or (630) 896-6666.
Bring your gardening questions to the DuPage County Master Gardeners Help Desk from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Roselle Public Library, 40 S. Park St., Roselle. Info: (630) 529-1641, ext. 211.
* The film "Footloose" is shown as part of Paramount Theatre's Classic Movie Mondays series at 7 p.m. at 23 E. Galena Blvd., Aurora. Cost: $1. Info: ParamountAurora.com or (630) 896-6666.
The exhibit "Our Lives, Our Stories: America's Greatest Generation" opens Tuesday and runs through Oct. 20 at Elmhurst Historical Museum, 120 E. Park Ave., Elmhurst. Hours: 1 to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday. Free. Info: (630) 833-1457 or elmhursthistory.org.
* Carillonneur Dick van Dijk of the Netherlands performs a recital at 7 p.m. at the Millennium Carillon at Rotary Hill, 443 Aurora Ave., Naperville. Free. Info: naperville-carillon.org.
* Guest speaker Eileen Wanders will present "Flower Arrangements from the Bible" during an appearance with the Bloomingdale Garden Club at 6:30 p.m. at the Bloomingdale Police Department, 201 S. Bloomingdale Road. Info: (630) 295-8315.
* DuPage Mortgage, a division of DuPage Credit Union, offers a no- obligation Home Financing Seminar from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the DuPage Credit Union Naperville Operations Center, 1515 Bond St. Free. Reservations: dupagemortgage.com or (800) 323-2611.
Enjoy Summer Jazz in the Park from 7 to 9 p.m. at Lake Ellyn Park, 645 Lenox Road, Glen Ellyn. Bring picnic, blanket and lawn chairs. Free. Concert will be canceled in severe weather. Info: geparks.org.
Anima -- Young Singers of Greater Chicago is enrolling students in all ensembles for its 49th season. Open Ensemble Placement hearings are 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Friday and 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 28 at the Glen Ellyn Park District, 501 Hill Ave., Glen Ellyn. No appointment necessary. Info: animasingers.org or (630) 858-2471.
* Evergreen Theatre presents "Stop the World, I want to Get Off" at 8 p.m. Thursday to Sunday and Aug. 29 to 31 in North Central College's Madden Theatre at the Fine Arts Center, 171 E. Chicago Ave., Naperville. Info: (630) 637-7469 or northcentralcollege.edu/ show.
Tom Petty tribute band Full Moon Fever performs at the next Downtown Alive! at 8 p.m. at RiverEdge Park, 360 N. Broadway, Aurora. Gates open at 7 p.m. Tickets: $5, free for children 12 and younger with a ticketed adult. Info: RiverEdgeAurora.com or (630) 896-6666.
* Enjoy music of the '60s and '70s when the Happy Together Tour returns to Aurora with the Turtles featuring Flo and Eddie; Chuck Negron, formerly of Three Dog Night; Gary Puckett and the Union Gap; Mark Lindsay, former lead singer of Paul Revere and the Raiders; and Gary Lewis and the Playboys at 8 p.m. at the Paramount Theatre, 23 E. Galena Blvd., Aurora, Tickets: $59.50. The 2013-14 Season Kickoff Party is 5 to 7 p.m. in the theater's Grand Gallery; admission $10. Info: ParamountAurora.com or (630) 896-6666.
* "An Introduction to the World of Comics," an exhibit of the Aurora Public Art Commission and Rotten Apple Studios featuring the works of 22 comic book artists, is on display Friday to Nov. 22 at the David L. Pierce Art and History Center, 20 E. Downer Place, Aurora. An opening reception is 5 to 7:30 p.m. Friday. Regular hours are noon to 4 p.m. Wednesday through Friday. Free. Info: (630) 256- 4636 or aurora.il.org.
* Wheaton College's Arena Theater presents William Shakespeare's lighthearted "As You Like It" at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday in Memorial Park, 208 W. Union Ave., Wheaton. Park opens at 6 p.m. for seating and concessions. Free. Info: wheatonparkdistrict.com.
A Children's Safety Expo runs 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Frontier Sports Complex, 3380 Cedar Glade Drive, Naperville. Includes information and an interactive Touch-a-Truck exhibit featuring a medical helicopter, fire trucks and other vehicles.
* Recycle unwanted electronics from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Aurora's Central Garage, 720 N. Broadway Ave., Aurora. Free. Info: (630) 256- 4636.
* Flashback '50s DJ performs during Lombard Cruise Night from 6 to 10 p.m. along St. Charles Road, from Main Street to Elizabeth. Info: (630) 620-3083 or villageoflombard.org.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms