TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 08/16/13 -- Xylitol Canada Inc. ("Xylitol Canada", or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE: XYL) announces today that pursuant to the terms of its stock option plan, the Company has granted an aggregate of 675,000 stock options to its directors, officers, employees and consultants. Each option entitles the holder thereof to purchase one common share of the Company at an exercise price of $0.30. The options are exercisable for a period of 5 years, subject to vesting restrictions over a period of nine (9) months.
About Xylitol Canada Inc.
Xylitol Canada markets xylitol and xylitol based products and is focused on becoming a major low-cost manufacturer of xylitol and related products, serving the global market from operations in North America.
Xylitol Canada's business strategy is to leverage novel proprietary technology and processes to become North America's premier manufacturer of low cost, high quality xylitol from readily available environmentally-sustainable biomass. Xylitol is an all-natural sweetener which is marketed globally, including Canada and the United States, and is accepted by the American Food and Drug Administration, the World Health Organization and the American Dental Association. Xylitol contains 75% less carbohydrates and 40% fewer calories than sugar, has a myriad of oral health benefits, including the prevention of tooth decay, and is safe for diabetics. To date, wider spread use of xylitol has been limited due to the lack of a reliable, low cost, high quality supplier.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange Inc. nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is define din the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Xylitol Canada Inc.
President and CEO
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Comic-Con Festival Kicks Off in San Diego
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Marco Rubio Swings Back to the Right
- Deported Honduran Families Face a Bleak Future