Comedian Mike Toomey brings his one-man show "TV & Me," an examination of how television shaped his life and the lives of other members of his generation, to Pheasant Run Resort. Toomey's performance is part of Fox Valley Repertory's ongoing comedy series, which also includes performances from The Second City.
8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Aug. 16-17, at Pheasant Run Resort, 4051 E. Main St., St. Charles. $32. (630) 584-6342 or .
Nora Dunn solo
Former "Saturday Night Live" cast member Nora Dunn, who recently co-starred in Drury Lane's "Boeing Boeing," debuts her solo show, "Mythical Proportions," at Theater Wit. Inspired in part by Dunn's childhood in Chicago, the show consists of monologues from characters ranging from an octogenarian Hollywood doyenne to a 7- year-old mystified by television.
Previews continue at 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 16, at 1229 W. Belmont Ave., Chicago. The show opens at 7 p.m. Monday, Aug. 19. $24-$38. (773) 975-8150 or .
TimeLine Theatre begins its new season with Lorraine Hansberry's "Raisin in the Sun," the poignant story of an African-American family living on the South Side of Chicago in the 1950s. TimeLine Artistic Director PJ Powers calls the tale of racial intolerance and family conflict "a story about Chicago -- then and now and hopefully not forever."
Previews start at 8 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 20, with press opening at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 28, at TimeLine Theatre, 615 W. Wellington, Chicago. $22-$48. (773) 281-8463, ext. 6, or .
-- Barbara Vitello
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment