By The Associated Press
Terrence Mann and Charlotte d'Amboise are hardly the only married acting couple with Broadway credits. Some others:
- Taye Diggs and Idina Menzel met while appearing in "Rent" off-Broadway and married in 2003 after dating for seven years. The pair once again co-starred on Broadway in the show "Wild Party" in 2000 and on the TV show "Private Practice."
- Marin Mazzie, nominated for a Tony Award for "Kiss Me, Kate," is married to fellow actor Jason Danieley, who made his Broadway debut in "Candide." The couple met while doing an off-Broadway play and appeared together as a married couple in "Next to Normal" when they replaced the original stars.
- Boyd Gaines, a four-time Tony-winner, and Kathleen McNenny, shared the stage last year as husband and wife in "An Enemy of the State." They began dating after meeting during a 1992 Public Theater production of William Shakespeare's "The Comedy of Errors" in Central Park.
- Five-time Tony winner Audra McDonald married Broadway star Will Swenson in 2012. They met while appearing together in "110 in the Shade" on Broadway in 2007, she starring as Lizzie and Swenson understudying the leading role of Bill Starbuck.
- Alfred Lunt and Lynn Fontanne appeared in the 1919 play "A Young Man's Fancy" and married three years later, beginning a long partnership that would include the plays "Arms and the Man" in 1925, "The Doctor's Dilemma" in 1927, "Idiot's Delight" in 1936" and "The Pirate" in 1942. A Broadway theater is named in their honor.
- In last year's "Ten Chimneys," an off-Broadway play about the Lunt and Fontanne marriage, real-life couple Byron Jennings and Carolyn McCormick played the married actors. Jennings has been in many Broadway shows, including "Heartbreak House" and "Accent on Youth," while McCormick has appeared in "The Dinner Party" and "Equus."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence