Bollywood actor R. Madhavan is to star in the 3-D re-imagining of George Romero's 1968 horror film "Night of the Living Dead," producers announced.
Directed by Zebediah De Soto and co-written by De Soto, Warren Davis II and David Reuben Schwartz, the movie will also star Tony Todd, Tom Sizemore, Danielle Harris, Sarah Habel, Sydney Tamiia Poitier, Bill Mosley and Joseph Pilato.
"Night of the Living Dead: Origins 3-D" is the story of a group of survivors fighting to stay alive when a mysterious plague unleashes the undead on New York City.
"This movie represents a whole new way of visualizing the classic zombie genre. It has a fresh and exciting style that sets it apart from all other horror films seen up until now," producer Simon West said in a statement.
The movie will be shot completely in a computer-generated setting, using stereoscopic 3-D, the filmmakers said in a news release, adding it "engages state-of-the-art facial-capture technology that is a step beyond anything used before, as it becomes a hybrid of graphic novel and traditional animation."
No release date for the film has been announced.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- N.M. Dems Say Nonprofit Helping Martinez Campaign
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Deficit Shrinks, Hiring Grows as Economy Improves