US President Barack Obama said Thursday the US
was cancelling joint military exercises planned for next month with
Egypt amid a violent crackdown on demonstrators.
Obama interrupted his holidays in Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts, to deliver a statement that the US strongly condemns the actions of Egyptian security forces and deplores violence against civilians.
"Our traditional cooperation cannot continue as usual when civilians are being killed in the streets," Obama said.
He said the US would review further steps in its relationship with Egypt, but did not directly mention the status of more than a billion dollars in US aid.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Cheap Gas Drives Down U.S. Wholesale Prices Again
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Producer Price Index Dropped in November
- Beyonce Releases New Album With No Marketing