Aug. 15--MOUNT MORRIS -- The Performing Arts Guild presents "Artsplosion," a diverse artistic event for all ages, in two shows Sept. 7 and 8 at Pinecrest Grove Theater.
This explosion of talent and tasting will showcase a swing band, pianist, a magician, dancers, food and art.
Headlining the event is Dixon quartet Cirque du Swing, featuring singer Kathy Cecchetti, performing '30s and '40s swing music.
Then there's Bryan Kennedy, a magician, juggler, and entertainer from the Chicago area. He has worked as an actor performing stunt shows and now regularly performs in his act, "Apollo Magic," all across northern Illinois.
Pianist Randy Lee is the owner of Randee's Music Center in Rockford, and competitive dancers Kayla Bowlin of Polo and Paige Carlovsky of Winnebago will perform solos.
The master of ceremonies is John Chase, an area actor, singer and performer.
There will be culinary tastings during the intermission, featuring a variety of sweet creations and beverages, and artists will have works on display. Some will be on hand to talk about their works.
Showtimes are 7:30 p.m. Saturday or 2 p.m. Sunday at the theater off South McKendrie Avenue on Evergreen. Tickets are $12 and can be reserved at 815-734-2103. Go to www.performingartsguild.com for updates and more information.
(c)2013 the Daily Gazette (Sterling, Ill.)
Visit the Daily Gazette (Sterling, Ill.) at www.saukvalley.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief