U.S. President Barack Obama is to visit Malaysia in October to address a conference bringing together about 3,000 entrepreneurs from around the world, a Malaysian official said
Finance Ministry Secretary General Irwan Serigar Abdullah said Obama would speak on the importance of entrepreneurship in boosting economic growth during the 4th Global Entrepreneurship Summit to be held on October 11 and 12 in Kuala Lumpur.
The annual event was initiated by Obama in 2010 and was aimed at providing opportunities for young entrepreneurs with limited resources to get funding, according to Irwan.
Aside from Obama, Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen also confirmed his attendance to the conference, Irwan added.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- Prius Among Insurance Institute's 39 Top Safety Vehicles
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.