U.S. President Barack Obama is to visit Malaysia in October to address a conference bringing together about 3,000 entrepreneurs from around the world, a Malaysian official said
Finance Ministry Secretary General Irwan Serigar Abdullah said Obama would speak on the importance of entrepreneurship in boosting economic growth during the 4th Global Entrepreneurship Summit to be held on October 11 and 12 in Kuala Lumpur.
The annual event was initiated by Obama in 2010 and was aimed at providing opportunities for young entrepreneurs with limited resources to get funding, according to Irwan.
Aside from Obama, Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen also confirmed his attendance to the conference, Irwan added.
Most Popular Stories
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Mt. Gox Files for Bankruptcy in U.S.
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- '300' Sequel Conquers Box Office Foes
- Sbarro Files for Bankruptcy Again