U.S. President Barack Obama is to visit Malaysia in October to address a conference bringing together about 3,000 entrepreneurs from around the world, a Malaysian official said
Finance Ministry Secretary General Irwan Serigar Abdullah said Obama would speak on the importance of entrepreneurship in boosting economic growth during the 4th Global Entrepreneurship Summit to be held on October 11 and 12 in Kuala Lumpur.
The annual event was initiated by Obama in 2010 and was aimed at providing opportunities for young entrepreneurs with limited resources to get funding, according to Irwan.
Aside from Obama, Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen also confirmed his attendance to the conference, Irwan added.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges