US First Lady Michelle Obama has teamed up with
rap and hip hop stars to promote healthy eating and exercise in a
series of music videos being released online.
The first lady can be seen talking about her Let's Move initiative in the first video of Songs for a Healthier America. The track, Everybody, features performances by Jordin Sparks, Doug E Fresh, Ryan Beatty, Artie Green, television personality Dr Oz and the Hip Hop Doc. Obama herself does not actually rap.
A total of 19 tracks with names such as U R What You Eat and Veggie Luv are to be released.
Obama has focused her attention on fighting childhood obesity through exercise and healthier eating, including planting a White House vegetable garden.
President Barack Obama doesn't always follow his wife's advice. During his summer holiday Tuesday in Massachusetts, he ordered a lunch of fried oysters, fried shrimp, onion rings and French fries from a local cafe.
He had claimed at a recent event for kids at the White House that broccoli was his favourite food. Teased about the statement by talkshow host Jay Leno last week, the president replied, "I have broccoli a lot."
When pressed, Obama told Leno: "It is one of my staples. Me and broccoli, I don't know, we've got a thing going. ... It goes especially well with burgers and fries."
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign