US First Lady Michelle Obama has teamed up with
rap and hip hop stars to promote healthy eating and exercise in a
series of music videos being released online.
The first lady can be seen talking about her Let's Move initiative in the first video of Songs for a Healthier America. The track, Everybody, features performances by Jordin Sparks, Doug E Fresh, Ryan Beatty, Artie Green, television personality Dr Oz and the Hip Hop Doc. Obama herself does not actually rap.
A total of 19 tracks with names such as U R What You Eat and Veggie Luv are to be released.
Obama has focused her attention on fighting childhood obesity through exercise and healthier eating, including planting a White House vegetable garden.
President Barack Obama doesn't always follow his wife's advice. During his summer holiday Tuesday in Massachusetts, he ordered a lunch of fried oysters, fried shrimp, onion rings and French fries from a local cafe.
He had claimed at a recent event for kids at the White House that broccoli was his favourite food. Teased about the statement by talkshow host Jay Leno last week, the president replied, "I have broccoli a lot."
When pressed, Obama told Leno: "It is one of my staples. Me and broccoli, I don't know, we've got a thing going. ... It goes especially well with burgers and fries."
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama