Does your organization have an upcoming event? Tell us -- and our web readers -- all about it at dailyherald.com/calendar.
As part of the Chicago band The Cave Dwellers, Elmhurst resident Gary Goldberg opened for the Beatles at Comiskey Park in 1965. He discusses his career as a young rock musician and is joined by Rob Sevier, a founder of Numero Group, a Chicago record label dedicated to preserving music history by reissuing vinyl compilations, at 7 p.m. at the Elmhurst Historical Museum Education Center, 120 E. Park Ave., Elmhurst. Free. Info: (630) 833-1457 or elmhhusthistory.org.
Infant and toddler specialists from the YWCA Child Care Resource and Referral share information and resources with parents and child- care providers from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. at DuPage Children's Museum, 301 N. Washington St., Naperville. Info: (630) 637-8000 or dupagechildrensmuseum.org.
* Peter Frampton's Guitar Circus -- with Peter Frampton, Sonny Landreth and B.B. King -- begins at 6:30 p.m. at RiverEdge Park, 360 N. Broadway, Aurora. Cost: $35 general admission, $55 seated. Info: riveredgeaurora.com.
Fox Valley United Way's 11th annual Cardboard Boat Races start at 10 a.m. at Mastodon Lake in Phillips Park, 1000 Ray Moses Drive, Aurora. Info: uwfoxvalley.org or (630) 896-4636.
* "Girl Rising," a movie about the lives of nine extraordinary girls from nine countries, begins at 3 p.m. Aug. 17 and 25 at Copley Theatre, 8 E. Galena Blvd., Aurora. Info: gathr.us/screeing.
* The Pink Floyd Experience -- featuring music, staging and special effects -- begins at 8 p.m. at RiverEdge Park, 360 N. Broadway, Aurora. Cost: $20 general admission, $35 seated, $50 skydeck. Info: riveredgeaurora.com.
* The Stingrays perform during Lombard Cruise Night from 6 to 10 p.m. along St. Charles Road, from Main Street to Elizabeth. Info: (630) 620-3083 or villageoflombard.org.
Enjoy do-it-yourself ice cream sundaes and family friendly activities as part of Naper Settlement's Settlement Sundays from 1 to 4 p.m. at 523 S. Webster St., Naperville. Admission: $12 adults, $10 seniors 62 and older, $8 ages 4 to 12, free for Naperville residents and members. Info: (630) 420-6010 or napersettlement.com.
* Musicians from South Suburban Dulcimer and Folk Music perform at 2 p.m. at Graue Mill and Museum, 3800 York Road, Oak Brook. Info: (630) 920-9720.
* Three Men in Kilts perform Irish music and other favorites at 3 p.m. at Cantigny Park, 1S151 Winfield Road, Wheaton. Lawn seating; bring a blanket or chairs. Free with $5 parking. Info: Cantigny.org.
* Bridgit Mendler and R5 perform at 6 p.m. at RiverEdge Park, 360 N. Broadway St., Aurora. Cost: $30 general admission, $45 reserved standing room pit, $95 skydeck. Info: RiverEdgeAurora.com or (630) 896-6666.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Ford Bumps Price of New F-150
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire