Gia Allemand, a Season 14 contestant on "The Bachelor," was in critical
condition at a New Orleans hospital, ABC said Tuesday.
The network said Allemand, 29, was taken to University Hospital "following a serious emergency medical event" Monday night.
No other details about her ailment or the treatment she is receiving were immediately available.
"On behalf of the family, we kindly ask for privacy at this time," ABC said in a statement to People.com, adding only that her family was with her at the hospital.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict