Gia Allemand, a Season 14 contestant on "The Bachelor," was in critical
condition at a New Orleans hospital, ABC said Tuesday.
The network said Allemand, 29, was taken to University Hospital "following a serious emergency medical event" Monday night.
No other details about her ailment or the treatment she is receiving were immediately available.
"On behalf of the family, we kindly ask for privacy at this time," ABC said in a statement to People.com, adding only that her family was with her at the hospital.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?