Gia Allemand, a Season 14 contestant on "The Bachelor," was in critical
condition at a New Orleans hospital, ABC said Tuesday.
The network said Allemand, 29, was taken to University Hospital "following a serious emergency medical event" Monday night.
No other details about her ailment or the treatment she is receiving were immediately available.
"On behalf of the family, we kindly ask for privacy at this time," ABC said in a statement to People.com, adding only that her family was with her at the hospital.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists