Gia Allemand, a Season 14 contestant on "The Bachelor," was in critical
condition at a New Orleans hospital, ABC said Tuesday.
The network said Allemand, 29, was taken to University Hospital "following a serious emergency medical event" Monday night.
No other details about her ailment or the treatment she is receiving were immediately available.
"On behalf of the family, we kindly ask for privacy at this time," ABC said in a statement to People.com, adding only that her family was with her at the hospital.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Texas Chiller Moves East
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November