Gia Allemand, a contestant on season 14 of "The Bachelor" died Wednesday in New Orleans of an apparent suicide, the family announced. She was 29.
According to People.com, the family decided to take Allemand off life support "due to a critical loss of brain and organ function." She was rushed to the hospital Monday night when her boyfriend, NBA player Ryan Anderson of the New Orleans Pelicans, found her unconscious.
"Ms. Allemand passed away peacefully with her mother, boyfriend, and other lifelong friends by her side. As a practicing Christian, Gia did receive the sacrament of last rites," the family said in the statement provided to People.
Allemand was on season 14 of the hit television show where she competed for bachelor Jake Pavelka's affection. She lost to winner Vienna Girardi. After appearing on the show, she went on to appear on the "Bachelor Pad" and modeled professionally.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists