Aug. 14--BILOXI -- Actress Juliet Landau and the producers of "Artists Die Best In Black" -- a low-budget movie starring Malcolm McDowell that was filmed on the Coast over the summer -- have reached a settlement, a publicist for the film said.
Landau, daughter of Oscar-winning actor Martin Landau, sued the film's production company when she was replaced as the female lead.
She sued earlier this year to stop production of the film until she could recover what would have been her acting salary and 5 percent of the film's $1.9 million in funding because, she said, they used her image in promoting and raising money for the film, and for punitive damages and fees for script and talent consultation.
Elaine Stevens, a publicist for the film, said Landau announced earlier this week a settlement has been reached in the legal dispute.
"The lawsuit has been concluded," Stevens said in a press release. "The parties have also agreed to maintain confidentiality regarding the terms of the settlement and will not be able to offer any further comment."
(c)2013 The Sun Herald (Biloxi, Miss.)
Visit The Sun Herald (Biloxi, Miss.) at www.sunherald.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season