New York mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner said he thinks his sexting scandals
have damaged his wife Huma Abedin's career.
"I feel that what I've done has hurt her, yeah," Weiner told CNN when asked if he believes his actions may have negatively affected Abedin's ties to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Weiner said he hasn't spoken with either Bill or Hillary Clinton in months.
The Clintons were reportedly incensed over Weiner's July admission he continued online sexting long after resigning from Congress in 2011.
Abedin was a top aide and close friend of Hillary Clinton.
"She's gotten roughed up, and it's been completely unfair in my view," Weiner added.
His campaign for New York mayor has been in freefall since he admitted in July he continued sending lewd messages to women in 2012, The Hill reported.
Weiner went from first place in the polls to fourth place in most polls since the revelation.
Despite the damage, Weiner told CNN he thinks his wife will have a role in a 2016 Hillary Clinton presidential bid.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records