PALM BEACH GARDENS
Dance, dance and more dance
REACH and O Dance Company's White Hot Summer heats up the stage at the PBSC Eissey Campus Theatre, 3160 PGA Blvd., at 3 p.m. today, with a compelling show in collaboration with Jerry Opdenaker's O Dance. It will also feature pre-professional dancers selected from REACH/O Dance Company's Summer Intensive. Ballet, modern, jazz and contemporary dance. Tickets: $15 students/seniors, $20 general in advance, $20 and $25 at the door. Info: www.reachdancecompany.com.
Outdoor classical music concert is free
Boca Raton's Summer Sunset Music Series features The Symphonia Boca Raton performing "From Bach to Bernstein" at 7 p.m. today in Mizner Park Amphitheatre, 590 Plaza Real. Free. Info: Bring a blanket or chairs or rent one for $5. Food and beverage vendors. Info: www.mizneramphitheater.com; www.downtownboca.org.
NORTH PALM BEACH
Folk, bluegrass in the park
Willie Allen and Jerry Axelrod will have you tapping your toes to folk and bluegrass music when they perform in the amphitheater at John D. MacArthur Beach State Park, 10900 Jack Nicklaus Drive, from 2 to 4 p.m. today. Free with park admission. Info: 561-624-6952.
Last chance to see 'Judy' show
The final performance of Judy Garland: Beyond the Rainbow" at Arts Garage at 7 p.m. today. The History Theatre's production, with music arranged by David Lohman, features actress Jody Briskey and Norah Long. The show features 24 of Garland's greatest hits. Tickets: $30-$40. Info: www.artsgarage.org; 561- 450-6357.
WEST PALM BEACH
Ride will benefit Special Olympics
The Rallying Reception and Welcome Party for The Dream Ride, the East Coast's motorcycle ride and car cruise to benefit Special Olympics, will be held from 6 to 10 p.m. Thursday at Harley- Davidson of Palm Beach, 2955 45th St. Riders will gather at the landmark for this event that features Special Olympics Palm Beach County athletes and volunteers. Info: 561-966-7019; www.dreamride.org.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go