U.S. network NBC says it plans to air a special featuring laugh-out-loud scenes from the greatest television shows of all time next month.
"TV's Funniest of the Funniest: A Paley Center for Media Special" is to premiere Sept. 1.
"With 60 years of hilarious television show moments to choose from, the special focuses on the top 30 funniest moments -- ranked in a countdown format and leading to No. 1 -- in television history," the network said in a release Tuesday.
Shows featured on the program include "Seinfeld," "The Big Bang Theory," "The Simpsons," "Friends," "Will & Grace," "Everybody Loves Raymond," "Cheers," "Saturday Night Live," "30 Rock," "The Cosby Show" and "Modern Family," as well as "The Mary Tyler Moore Show," "The Dick Van Dyke Show," "I Love Lucy," "The Carol Burnett Show" and "All in the Family."
Alec Baldwin, Jennifer Aniston, Jamie Foxx, Matthew Perry, Betty White, Lucille Ball, Neil Patrick Harris, Jerry Seinfeld, Johnny Galecki, Dan Castellaneta, Lisa Kudrow, Larry David, Ted Danson, Michael J. Fox, Ty Burrell and Julie Bowen are just a few of the many performers who will be spotlighted in memorable moments. Comic gems will also feature Christina Applegate, Eric McCormack, Tony Danza, Jenna Fischer, John Krasinksi, Brad Garrett, Phil Hartman, Jane Kaczmarek, Katey Sagal and more.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- Earnings Season Starts Rough for Health Insurers
- Saucedo Mercer Running on Empty in Arizona
- Spring Salmon Return to San Joaquin
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- IPO Market Shows Signs of Settling Down to Earth
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text