NaperBridge presents an improv comedy show at 7 p.m. today at Naperville Park District's Barn Recreation Center, 421 W. Martin Ave., Naperville. Info: naperbridge.org.
* The Beatles Tribute band American English performs at 7 p.m. today at Old Town Park, 111 Third St., Bloomingdale. Free. Participants welcome to bring lawn chairs and refreshments. Info: bloomingdaleparks.org or (630) 529-3650.
"Ghost Stories in the Depot with Diane Ladley" begins at 7:30 p.m. at Museums at Lisle Station Park, 921 School St., Lisle. Bring blankets for tales told under the stars. Info: (630) 968-0499 or lisleparkdistrict.org/museum.
* Naperville Municipal Band presents "Weather or Not" with the United States Navy Band of the Midwest as guests at 7:30 p.m. at the Community Concert Center in Central Park, 104 E. Benton Ave., Naperville. Free. Includes ice cream to benefit a local nonprofit group. Info: napervilleband.org or (630) 778-9994.
* Enjoy a complimentary picnic and meet Glen Ellyn Park District board members from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at Babcock Park, 324 Linden St., Glen Ellyn. Info: gepark.org.
* Heartache Tonight performs an Eagles tribute at 7 p.m. at the Ross Ferraro Town Center, Gary Avenue and Lies Road, Carol Stream. Info: (630) 665-7050 or carolstream.org.
* As part of the Chicago band The Cave Dwellers, Elmhurst resident Gary Goldberg opened for the Beatles at Comiskey Park in 1965. He discusses his career as a young rock musician and is joined by Rob Sevier, a founder of Numero Group, a Chicago record label dedicated to preserving music history by reissuing vinyl compilations, at 7 p.m. at the Elmhurst Historical Museum Education Center, 120 E. Park Ave., Elmhurst. Free. Info: (630) 833-1457 or elmhhusthistory.org.
* A Back to School Ice Cream Social for students ages 5-18 in Wheaton Warrenville Community Unit District 200 is held from 1 to 3 p.m. at Warrenville Public Library, 28W751 Stafford Place, Warrenville. Includes games and an end-of-the-summer read. Free. Info: (630) 393-1171.
Infant and toddler specialists from the YWCA Child Care Resource and Referral share information and resources with parents and child- care providers from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. at DuPage Children's Museum, 301 N. Washington St., Naperville. Info: (630) 637-8000 or dupagechildrensmuseum.org.
Fox Valley United Way's 11th annual Cardboard Boat Races start at 10 a.m. at Mastodon Lake in Phillips Park, 1000 Ray Moses Drive, Aurora. Register by Aug. 9: uwfoxvalley.org or (630) 896-4636.
* "Girl Rising," a movie about the lives of nine extraordinary girls from nine countries, begins at 3 p.m. Aug. 17 and 25 at Copley Theatre, 8 E. Galena Blvd., Aurora. Info: gathr.us/screeing.
* The Pink Floyd Experience -- featuring music, staging and special effects -- begins at 8 p.m. at RiverEdge Park, 360 N. Broadway, Aurora. Cost: $20 general admission, $35 seated, $50 skydeck. Info: riveredgeaurora.com.
* The Stingrays perform during Lombard Cruise Night from 6 to 10 p.m. along St. Charles Road, from Main Street to Elizabeth. Info: (630) 620-3083 or villageoflombard.org.
* A spaghetti dinner is held 4 to 7 p.m. at Big Woods Church, 3003 N. Eola Road, Aurora. Cost: $8 adults, $5 kids, free for children younger than 5. Info: (630) 406-0007,
Enjoy ice cream sundaes and family activities at Naper Settlement's Settlement Sundays from 1 to 4 p.m. at 523 S. Webster St., Naperville. Admission: $12 adults, $10 seniors 62 and older, $8 ages 4 to 12, free for Naperville residents and members. Info: (630) 420-6010 or napersettlement.com.
* Musicians from South Suburban Dulcimer and Folk Music perform at 2 p.m. at Graue Mill and Museum, 3800 York Road, Oak Brook. Info: (630) 920-9720.
* Three Men in Kilts perform Irish music and other favorites at 3 p.m. at Cantigny Park, 1S151 Winfield Road, Wheaton. Lawn seating; bring a blanket or chairs. Free with $5 parking. Info: Cantigny.org.
* Bridgit Mendler and R5 perform at 6 p.m. at RiverEdge Park, 360 N. Broadway St., Aurora. Cost: $30 general admission, $45 reserved standing room pit, $95 skydeck. Info: RiverEdgeAurora.com or (630) 896-6666.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Marco Rubio Swings Back to the Right
- Comic-Con Festival Kicks Off in San Diego