LAS VEGAS, Aug. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ -- Travelers looking for the best Mexican Independence Day celebrations this side of the Rio Grande need travel no further than Las Vegas for exciting El Grito! festivities. Thousands of visitors will indulge in world-class Mexican cuisine, dance to the rhythms of the hottest Latin music artists, revel in unmatched nightlife and enjoy outstanding comedians. Las Vegas is a premier international destination famous for entertainment and top-notch cultural celebrations.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/62653-las-vegas-convention-and-visitors-authority-celebra-independencia-mexico
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130813/MM63051 )
"Mexican Independence Day gives Las Vegas and its visitors the opportunity to celebrate and honor Mexican heritage in a vibrant and exciting way," said Cathy Tull senior vice president of marketing for the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority. "Guests of all nationalities will appreciate the best of Mexican tradition, cuisine and entertainment Las Vegas has to offer."
A host of A-list talent will take to the stages along the Strip corridor with iconic performances, including:
• Latin rock pioneer Carlos Santana will perform his “Greatest Hits Live” residency at House of Blues at Mandalay Bay, Sept. 11-18.
• Top-selling salsa artist Marc Anthony will perform at The Pearl at The Palms on Sept. 13.
• Comedian Carlos Mencia will bring his hit show to Treasure Island, Sept. 13.
• Marco Antonio Solís will perform at the Mandalay Bay Events Center on Sept. 13.
• Mexican-American singer-songwriter Lila Downs will perform at House of Blues at Mandalay Bay on Sept. 13.
• World-famous Arturo Sandoval will bring the Cuban-Caribbean sounds of his jazz trumpet to The Smith Center for the Performing Arts Cabaret Jazz Theatre, Sept. 13-14.
• Latin music superstar Luis Miguel will perform at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace, Sept. 13-15.
• Comedic storyteller Gabriel Iglesias will perform at Terry Fator Theatre at The Mirage, Sept. 13-15.
• Best-selling Spanish recording artist Enrique Iglesias will perform at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas’ Boulevard Pool Sept. 13 and 15.
• Los Angeles-based Mariachi El Bronx will rock Book & Stage at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Sept. 13-16.
• Legendary Mexican mariachi singer Alejandro Fernandez will perform at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Sept. 15.
The celebration doesn't end there! One of boxing's biggest stars, undefeated champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. will face-off with Mexican boxer Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez, former WBC and WBO light middleweight champion at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. The pair will battle for the WBC super welterweight world championship on Sept. 14.
Additionally, the Chandelier at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas will host a midnight ceremonial ringing of the bell to welcome El Grito! on Sept. 15. Visitors will have the opportunity toast with Mariachi and folklore dancers, as well as performers roaming throughout the resort during the holiday weekend.
The party will continue in Downtown Las Vegas on Sept. 15 with The Fiesta Las Vegas Latino Parade & Festival, Southern Nevada's largest Latino parade and festival. Mexican singer Rogelio Martinez will be the official grand marshal for the parade, which begins at 10 a.m. Festivities will carry on at Freemont Street Experience until noon.
Authentic Mexican music will be on display at the Las Vegas International Mariachi Festival, a gathering of hundreds of the world's finest Mariachi performers who will showcase their traditional music at Paris Las Vegas Events Center on Sept. 15. Special guests include Antonio Aguilar Jr., Vargas de Tecalitlan, the ensemble Mariachi Sol de Mexico de Jose Hernandez and Mariachi Los Camperos de Nati Cano.
In addition to entertainment, Las Vegas has truly redefined the culinary experience by offering world-class restaurants, more Master Sommeliers than any other city in the world, and the most comprehensive collection of celebrity chefs. Guests can enjoy unparalleled culinary delights during El Grito! at the following world-class restaurants:
• Celebrity chef José Andrés will host the official after party for the Enrique Iglesias concert at his Mexican-Chinese fusion restaurant China Poblano at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas on Sept. 15.
• Tacos & Tequila at the Luxor is home to Executive Chef Saul Ortiz, originally from Mexico City. T&T features a weekly Mariachi Sunday Brunch with a live mariachi band with fabulous, authentic Mexican food.
• Javier’s at ARIA Resort & Casino allows guests to enjoy regionally inspired cuisine and warm, intriguing designs bring a spirit of Mexican grandeur to CityCenter.
• Mesa Grill, Bobby Flay’s acclaimed flagship restaurant at Caesars Palace is a crowd favorite featuring vibrant southwestern cuisine.
If you want it, Vegas has it. From designer splurges to bargain deals, Las Vegas has become a one-stop shopping mecca. Everything from premium outlets to haute couture boutiques can be found in retail centers along the Las Vegas Strip and surrounding areas. Only in Las Vegas will you find daily live fashion shows on an 80-foot runway; gondolas that whisk you to fine boutiques and an assortment of free shows to entertain you while you rest your feet.
To plan your unforgettable trip to Las Vegas for El Grito! weekend, including air and hotel packages, show tickets and more, visit http://www.LasVegas.com .
Photos and video of Las Vegas are available at http://LVCVA.com/PressRoom
ABOUT THE LVCVA
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) is charged with marketing Southern Nevada as a tourism and convention destination worldwide, and also with operating the Las Vegas Convention Center and Cashman Center. With nearly 150,000 hotel rooms in Las Vegas alone and 10.7 million square feet of meeting and exhibit space citywide, the LVCVA's mission centers on attracting ever-increasing numbers of leisure and business visitors to the area. For more information, go to http://LVCVA.com or http://LasVegas.com .
Tom Dietz, R&R Partners
Daniel Pineyro, Jeffrey Group
T: 212.620-14100 Ext. 321
SOURCE Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA)
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Family Dollar Will Stick With Dollar Tree