MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Aug. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ -- Based on its recent analysis of the Pulse Oximetry Devices market, global consulting firm Frost & Sullivan announced it has awarded Nonin Medical the 2013 North American Pulse Oximetry Devices Product Quality Leadership Award. Nonin Medical received the award based on product performance, product design, and perceived value in the marketplace. For a copy of the Frost & Sullivan research report, visit http://www.nonin.com/qualityreport .
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130813/DA60850 )
Pulse oximeters are noninvasive devices used to measure a patient's blood-oxygen saturation level and pulse rate. Through in-depth interviews and primary market analysis, Frost & Sullivan has determined that Nonin Medical's pulse oximeters are becoming the solution of choice, especially among homecare Durable Medical Equipment (DME) providers, due to superior product performance.
"We are pleased that Frost & Sullivan recognizes Nonin Medical's commitment to quality in an extremely price-sensitive market," said Steve Bucholz, president and chief operating officer, Nonin Medical. "Nonin invented the finger pulse oximeter with the Onyx® 9500, and all of our oximeters are made in the United States. This award validates what our clinical data and customer feedback has been telling us: Not all pulse oximeters perform alike, and quality does matter for providers and patients."
Pulse oximeters can take the form of fingertip, handheld, wrist-worn, or tabletop devices used for spot-check or continuous monitoring. The sensors used to detect the infrared light passing through the tissue have to be high quality. Additionally, the software used to filter the signal has to be effective, irrespective of conditions and settings. Frost & Sullivan's best-practices research confirmed that Nonin pulse oximeters provide better product performance than competitor products, especially in the home care market, for the following reasons:
• Nonin Medical's devices are U.S. FDA market-cleared and meet ISO Standards 9919:2005 (2009) and IEC 60601-1
• Nonin Medical sensors utilize proven proprietary PureLight® light-emitting diodes (LEDs) that emit a single, pure and clean light source that is accurate from patient to patient and sensor to sensor
• Nonin Medical's clinically proven PureSAT® pulse oximetry signal-processing technology utilizes intelligent pulse-by-pulse filtering to provide precise oximetry measurements—even in the presence of motion, low perfusion, dark skin pigmentation or other challenging conditions
• Nonin Medical pulse oximeters, when used with Nonin sensors, provide proven accuracy in the widest range of patient populations and settings
• Nonin Medical pulse oximeters and sensors are made with hazardous-free materials
Frost & Sullivan also found that Nonin's complete range of pulse oximeter monitors and sensors sets it apart from competitors.
"Nonin Medical has designed pulse oximeter monitors and sensors for every need (LTOT and COPD management, 6MWT, sleep pre-screening) and patient range (neonates to adults)," said Frost & Sullivan Senior Analyst Beulah Devadason.
The Frost & Sullivan best-practices research report also recognized that Nonin distinguishes itself from low-cost, Internet-based health and wellness pulse oximeters through data that supports its device performance claims.
"Many healthcare providers and patients don't realize that there is no such thing as an over-the-counter oximeter," Bucholz said. "Oximeters are either prescription medical devices or health and wellness devices. A prescription oximeter is cleared by the FDA and must provide proof of its performance, safety and accuracy. An oximeter that is a health and wellness device is not a medical device and does not have to provide proof for its claims, much like dietary supplements. Reputable manufacturers should be able to provide purchasers with test data that supports the performance claims they make," he said.
"In this scenario, Nonin Medical differentiates itself with its high product quality, which enhances the value of the device in terms of accuracy, eventual cost-savings, and establishing and maintaining the quality of care provided," said Devadason.
Frost & Sullivan Best Practices Awards recognize companies in a variety of regional and global markets for demonstrating outstanding achievement and superior performance in areas such as leadership, technological innovation, customer service, and strategic product development. Industry analysts compare market participants and measure performance through in-depth interviews, analysis, and extensive secondary research in order to identify best practices in the industry.
About Nonin Medical, Inc.
Nonin Medical, Inc. invented the finger pulse oximeter and designs and manufactures noninvasive medical monitoring solutions that meet customers' technology needs today and tomorrow. Headquartered in Plymouth, Minnesota, USA, with an additional customer service center in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, Nonin Medical sells its pulse and regional oximeters, capnographs, sensors and software to health professionals and consumers in more than 125 countries. The company also has more than 100 OEM partners worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.nonin.com .
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
• The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
• The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Contact Us: Start the discussion
Join Us: Join our community
Subscribe: Newsletter on "the next big thing"
Register: Gain access to visionary innovation
P: 210. 247.3870
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Liberty Power Gets Minority Business Nod