Thirty-two of the best minority business enterprises were recently honored at the Southern California Minority Supplier Development Council's (SCMSDC) Supplier of the Year Awards in Long Beach, Calif.
Minority-owned businesses were nominated based on several factors including demonstrated growth and development, employment and job creation, and consistent high quality operations. While each enterprise nominated was recognized for their contribution to minority entrepreneurship, four businesses were recipients of "Supplier of the Year" based on gross annual sales.
Ad Pro, a Huntington Beach, Calif., firm that specializes in graphics production and printing services, was selected as Class I winners and received a scholarship from Southern California Edison to attend an executive management program at USC, UCLA or Tufts.
Southern California Gas Co. awarded Tiburon-based Osceola Consulting a scholarship for the UCLA Management Entrepreneur Program as winner of the Class II award. The consulting company specializes in computer and data processing services to energy, utilities and communications businesses.
Peoples Choice Staffing and SHI International Corp. were winners of the Class III and IV rewards, respectively.
American Honda Motor Co. was the title sponsor for the 23rd consecutive year and recognized for its support of the SCMSDC along with Anthony Piazza, vice president of procurement for Honda. Piazza was bestowed with the first Spirit of Diversity Award by the SCMSDC for his service in promoting minority businesses after nearly three decades with the council.
SCMSDC represents more than 600,000 minority businesses in Southern California in 13 counties. For more information, visit http://www.scmsdc.org.
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings