Aug. 13--The Acting Company in Yuba City received 17 nominations for the 2012-13 Elly Awards during ceremonies Sunday night in Sacramento.
Shows and individuals nominated were:
--Main Stage shows: "Fiddler on the Roof," sound design -- musical, Jeff Graham.
--"A Christmas Story," leading actor-comedy, Keith Gagnon; lighting design -- comedy, Matthew Timoszyk; sound design -- comedy, Jeff Graham.
--"Barefoot in the Park," supporting actress -- comedy, Fran Wittmann.
--"Around the World in 80 Days," supporting actor -- comedy, Keith Gagnon.
--Magic Theater shows -- "Down in the Briar Patch," young people's play, lead actress -- child, Summer Givens; supporting actor -- adult, Jeff Graham; supporting actress -- adult, Betsy Johnson.
--"The Surprisingly True Story of the Three Little Pigs," original script -- original work, Betsy Johnson.
--"Sword in the Stone," young people's play, nominations for both direction and sound design, Anthony Dost; supporting actor -- child, Andrew Hayes; supporting actor -- child, Blake Rider; supporting actress -- child, Lily Long.
--"Snow White and Seven Dwarfs of the Black Forest," young people's play, leading actress -- adult, Foster McManus; set design, Paul McManus.
In other local nominations, Breakaway Theatre Productions "A Gingerbread Man Christmas," is up for young people's play and supporting actress -- adult, Lisa Rathbun.
This year's event included more than 400 entries.
The theater awards are given annually by the Sacramento Area Regional Alliance which includes about 85 theaters.
The winners will be announced at an awards ceremonies in September.
(c)2013 the Appeal-Democrat (Marysville, Calif.)
Visit the Appeal-Democrat (Marysville, Calif.) at www.appeal-democrat.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal