MONTREAL, QUEBEC -- (Marketwired) -- 08/12/13 -- Supremex Inc., Canada's largest provider of stock and custom-manufactured envelopes (TSX: SXP), today announced the termination of its discussions with its principal shareholder, Clarke Inc., regarding Clarke's non-binding proposal, announced on March 25, 2013, to acquire all of the outstanding shares that it does not already own in Supremex.
The Special Committee of independent directors established by the Board of Directors of Supremex has reviewed the terms of Clarke's non-binding proposal with advice from its legal counsel and an independent valuator and has held several discussions with Clarke's representatives over the last four months. It has now become clear that the parties will not be able to reach an agreement on the price to be offered to shareholders of Supremex for their shares. Therefore, the Special Committee and Clarke have decided to terminate their discussions regarding Clarke's non-binding proposal.
In light of the termination of the discussions with Clarke, the Special Committee has been dissolved by the Board of Directors.
Supremex Inc. is Canada's largest manufacturer and marketer of a broad range of stock and custom envelopes and related products. Supremex is the only national envelope manufacturer in Canada, with facilities across six provinces and employs approximately 525 people. This nationwide presence enables it to manufacture products tailored to the specifications of major national customers such as leading Canadian corporations, national resellers and governmental entities, as well as paper merchants and process and solutions providers.
Gilles Cyr, CPA, CA
President and Chief Executive Officer
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore