MONTREAL, QUEBEC -- (Marketwired) -- 08/12/13 -- Supremex Inc., Canada's largest provider of stock and custom-manufactured envelopes (TSX: SXP), today announced the termination of its discussions with its principal shareholder, Clarke Inc., regarding Clarke's non-binding proposal, announced on March 25, 2013, to acquire all of the outstanding shares that it does not already own in Supremex.
The Special Committee of independent directors established by the Board of Directors of Supremex has reviewed the terms of Clarke's non-binding proposal with advice from its legal counsel and an independent valuator and has held several discussions with Clarke's representatives over the last four months. It has now become clear that the parties will not be able to reach an agreement on the price to be offered to shareholders of Supremex for their shares. Therefore, the Special Committee and Clarke have decided to terminate their discussions regarding Clarke's non-binding proposal.
In light of the termination of the discussions with Clarke, the Special Committee has been dissolved by the Board of Directors.
Supremex Inc. is Canada's largest manufacturer and marketer of a broad range of stock and custom envelopes and related products. Supremex is the only national envelope manufacturer in Canada, with facilities across six provinces and employs approximately 525 people. This nationwide presence enables it to manufacture products tailored to the specifications of major national customers such as leading Canadian corporations, national resellers and governmental entities, as well as paper merchants and process and solutions providers.
Gilles Cyr, CPA, CA
President and Chief Executive Officer
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Family Dollar Will Stick With Dollar Tree